So i started the bad thing about the project is you have to make sure every stone is level using a hand level. Good thing about the stones is you can use a simple hand saw to cut to fit the stones,.
I used cardboard for spacers while it was in the drying process
I removed the cast iron door and painted the bricks inside black. The old mantle didn't fit over the stone so i had to make a new one from scratch . Then today i received the last piece of the puzzle . I ordered a electric log insert with a heater and it came today . I know its fake but with the led technology it looks so real .
I will be hiding the chord once the new carpet is put down .
So I'm enjoying our first fake fire tonight and as crazy as it sounds it is relaxing to watch it .
The last thing to do is mount the TV above the fireplace and wait for the new furniture and carpet
This weekend were celebrating my wife's birthday and my fathers and Will turns 5 all in the same day
Have a great weekend
P.S i want to thank my good friend Karen at this old house 2 for this awesome header that i will never get rid of